Friday, October 31, 2008

My Week #1 / My Day #8

I don't really remember much about this week, except that I stopped procrastinating and that the work load was kinda light. That's pretty much it. Oh, and it rained twice this week and it was really foggy :D

Foggy CAMS.

I actually remember a lot of today. Today, I woke up from an eight-hour sleep. It felt amazing; I could actually get out of bed without jumping back in.

Anxious about my classes, like always, I said happy birthday to my mom, jumped out of the car, and started walking to engineering. I was expecting just a little bit of work to be assigned by Williams, but instead we just watched "Mean Girls". Fine by me!

Next was history. We did a small in-class project, working in groups of five. But I've become a really bad group member. I don't really work... well with my some of my teammates, and I can't see past their failures. I'm glad we finished, though.

In third period, I had English. All we did was sit and watch "The Joy Luck Club"! If I had watched the movie before the test, maybe I wouldn't have gotten a C (...nah).

The math quiz was next. Because of my change in study habits, I think I did pretty well. I studied at home and worked with Kevin to get the material down. When I saw the test I didn't blank out. Having confidence during a test is quite a liberating feeling. (But it's either I studied, or the quiz was really easy. I'll go with the former, thank you!)

Mmkay, lunch. So far so good! I saved my mom from packing her delicious and well-appreciated lunches on her own birthday by buying from the beloved cafeteria, where the food is scant and unpalatable and served by either an ever-smiling black lady on crack or an evil mexican who hates everyone and everything. Basically, I ordered orange chicken from the cafeteria :D

Spanish is always after lunch on Fridays. Nothing much to talk about there.

In my last class, biology, we watched four movies. Four! A lot of movies today...

I didn't have anything to attend after school today, so I finally tried to hang out with friends. It was pretty fun, but I had to leave mis compañeros for my brother, who I hadn't seen in two weeks. He looked different, and it made me sad that I didn't recognize him at first. Two weeks is a long time :\

I told my buddies, "Ey, Ima talk to my brother. I haven't seen him in forever, so don't be offended. Ima come back." But I ended up just leaving with my brother to go to Andrew Kim's house.

We followed Austin, who was taking Shan, on a convoluted route to the Kims' residence. I recognized his house and neighborhood from the facebook pictures I always see:

Yep. That's Andrew's house to the right. And, please, ignore the child molester in the middle of the street.

We all played Rock Band. The game is really fun, and everybody gets to play. It's such a good party game. lol and I tried the drums for the first song we played, and got immediately pwned. No rhythm/coordination = angry band members.

I have pics from the get together, because it was really fun and I wanted to remember it. cHeCk iT 0uT y0:

The whole band - me. Left to right: Andrew, Shan, Austin and my brother.

Funny pic of the singer and drummer :D

Close up of the serious bassist and guitarist.

After a couple songs, my brother and I said bye and drove home. I opened the door, walked into the kitchen, and immediately saw Italian food. I ran and stuffed my face with garlic bread soaked in olive oil and sundried tomato + mushroom + other stuff wraps. Satisfied, I went downstairs and just sat in my chair, letting my stomach break down the proteins, and letting the pancreatic enzymes and the small intestine do the rest.

By that time, kids were starting to flood into our porch. "TRICK OR TREAT!" the kids would say, while my brother, my mom, and I would look at each other, wondering who will be the instrument of tooth decay for the children at our door.

When the kiddie traffic died down, my mom decided that we should cut the cake and take pictures. Mission accomplished:

My wonderful mom.

After trying to be a normal family, my parents and I went to the Legaspis' house to celebrate her birthday with friends. Luckily, Tim and Jon came too. We played ping pong, basketball, and suicide (not ferrealz, the ball game lol) for like four hours. It seemed really fast. 

So I'm home now. and I'm really tired. I promise you guys I'll make a post about MacBook impressions and the CSUDH Vex Invitational that my team and I competed in last weekend. Sorry for the long post. Take care.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

The history group project was quite wonderful. Thanks :P
hahah the stupid videos in bio
were like too loud
=
damaged cilia in the cochlea of the middle ear (?)

Post a Comment